Saturday, November 19, 2011

Foundation Forms Progress

This last week saw a lot of work on the forms for the foundation walls. The rebar looks to all be in-place. Most of the walls have forms on both sides now, with just a few left to be added. I don't know exactly when they'll be able to pour the concrete, but it looks like it should be ready very soon.

The photos really show how much is being built up on top of the footings, and the narrow channels that will be the foundation walls. In one of the close-ups, you can also see some metal between the two sides of each form. I'm not positive what they are actually for, but my guess would be to ensure perfect spacing. You can also see some of the vents and pipes that will cross the foundation being put in place.


(I've decided the Flash widget is a bit much. I'm now going to stick the first new photo in, and clicking it will take you to the gallery with all the photos.)

The video this week is cut after Wednesday. You can see the camera start to shift around due to weather. Thursday morning it was leaning sideways looking at the dirt pile, and Friday it was even worse. This time, I found a piece of rebar, and screwed it deeper into the pile of dirt. Hopefully with a heavier post that is more deeply anchored, the camera will be more stable this time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I didn't even think about how the weather would affect the camera. I'm excited to get home and see the progress!

    ReplyDelete